My Mid-Working Student Stint Crisis

So I’ve had a weird couple of weeks. I went to a wedding this weekend. That wasn’t the weird part. The weird part was how my schedule got all screwy and took my life with it.

When my friend Colleen got engaged, I promised her that I would wear a specific dress to her wedding. I asked my grandmother to make me the dress but I asked her when I was a size 12. Fast forward to a week before said wedding, and I’m on the phone with her while wearing size 6 jeans. I was nervous. I came home to get refitted, and to hang out with some people I missed. It was a great trip home albeit very short, but in retrospect I think it wasn’t the best idea.

I left home later in the day than I wanted to. The three-hour drive was easy as far as traffic goes, but emotionally I was a wreck. I did not want to go back to work. It’s a damn good thing that Lego was still up in Coatesville because I would have called it quits right then. But I forced myself north through tears and a lot of probably unnecessary drama.

I got back to Coatesville an hour past my bedtime. My room was piled high with crap, so much that I could not see the floor. My fridge was basically empty. Despite the late hour, I got all my stuff ready for the next day because I knew it was going to be a rough morning the next day.

And it was. I forgot my lunch. The candy I had for breakfast made my tummy hurt. And I started bawling while doing stalls. Always a great sign. I talked to Jane about it. And in typical tough love Jane fashion, she got me to take responsibility for the whole crappy situation, with a lot of sobbing on my part. Which is good (the responsibility part, not the sobbing). It’s what I needed. That doesn’t mean I liked it. It doesn’t mean that I didn’t use an ungodly amount of tissues.

So I got it together. Not immediately of course. I forgot my lunch the next two days too. Luckily Alyssa always brings candy or cookies. I balanced those out by eating spinach for my other meals. But I cut down on the sugar. I ran. I unearthed some of my floor.

On Saturday, I met my parents to pick up my dress. They bought me dinner. The leftovers are in my fridge. Did I mention that my parents are perfect? I went to the wedding and had an absolutely wonderful time. I watched the most perfect couple I know, Colleen and Steven get married. I saw friends I hadn’t seen in years. We ate a lot of food. And I danced like an absolutely spastic maniac.

So now I’m sitting in my room, admiring the floor that I unearthed, and feeling pretty content. My room is clean. My fridge is full (thanks to my parents). And I’m back on track working my way towards my goals.


One thought on “My Mid-Working Student Stint Crisis

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s